Monday, October 7, 2013

Idea

I turned on TV
And found the same debates,
That I was watching,
Well, I don't exactly remember,
Since when ?
Suited in blacks, with serious faces,
bald, greyhead, clean-shaved, beard,
With all sorts of appearances,
But with same topics, they wrestle hard,
With open-ended confusions,
I changed the channel,
To go to world of animals,
Or may be to world of arts,
I thought, may be
I have grown above these debates
Then paused for a while, and asked myself,
Do you really?
Have you done with all those concepts,
That you have wrestled before with?
I realized, no actually, no
I have never done with any idea,
When I run out of explanations for one,
I just go after the next concept
Even the most basic things
Like dress, home, food
That most may not take serious
As an idea, worth to think about
Have no been easy for me
I am still wrestling
With concept of dress, for example
I do remember, my favorite dress
It was a dark brown,
A little loose but light and silky
I was keep wearing it
Even when it was worn out
Sometimes, I was hearing comments,
It is a little loose on you
The dark brown doesn't look good on you
But these comments
Never shook my affection for it
In late teenage, I was introduced
To a new concept of dress
The real friends are like dress
They cover your shortcomings
And make you comfortable
I took this concept by heart
But still struggling to understand it
In behaviors, in arguments
I am not different from the people on TV
May be, it is in nature of concepts
That they want us to think them
Again, and again and again
But never done with them
So they keep growing
I got sympathetic to those people
Engaged with same old concepts
And switched back the channel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's beat the drum!...!...!...!

Yeah, Let's beat the drum...In month of Ramadan, some people beat the drums going street to street to wake up the people in predawn time...I was always fascinated by their jobs; they wake up people from sleep in a time when they are in deep sleep... Socrates were thinking that most of us are in deep sleep like that of predawn time, so he was going from street to street in ancient Athens and cross-questioning people to show them that their lives are un-examined...When we do not analyse our beliefs and world views then it is like living in sleeping mode...The stronger the certainty in unexamined worldviews, the deeper is the sleep.......

As there is no Socrates to stop us on the streets to cross-question our worldviews, keeping diary is way to open yourself for your examination (it is famously known as self-accountability).....so here I have started beating the drums...let's see how much I am going to be committed to my diary :)